Bromeliad Society of Victoria Inc.
SATURDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2017 9:00am to 5:00pm
Colourful BROMELIAD DISPLAY
Admission - Adults $4, Seniors $3
For further information
- The society meets bi-monthly on the 4th Wednesday of every second month commencing in February each year at the Phoenix Park Community Centre in Rob Roy Road Malvern East Vic.
- The Bromeliad Society of Victoria Inc. was founded in 1967 and currently has a strong membership of over 100 members.
- Society meetings commence at 7.45 PM and include the following items - a quality guest speaker, display plants with a popular plant vote competition and expert plant commentary, plus door and raffle prizes and a selection of Bromeliad plants or pups together with associated merchandise for sale to members and guests.
- The meeting concludes around 9.30 pm and is followed by supper (provided by the members).
- The Society has an extensive library of books on Bromeliads and members are welcome to borrow books at each meeting for up to 2 months (until the next meeting).
- Visitors and guests of members are always most welcome at our meetings.
- The Society also conducts field day visits to member Bromeliad collections, and other locations of interest to members, on the 4th Sunday of every alternate month commencing in January each year. Visitors always welcome.
- Membership fees are $20 per annum for a single member and $25 per annum for family members.
All membership fees are due on 1st January each year.
In order to reduce costs and keep the BSV financial we will only send an electronic copy of the newsletter to you where you provide us with an email address. If you also require a hard copy of the newsletter, in addition to an electronic copy, then we ask that you pay an additional $6 on top of your annual subscription to help cover some of the printing and postage costs. Please refer to the Membership Form for details or contact a BSV committee member if you have any questions.
All correspondence should be sent to:
The Secretary, The Bromeliad Society of Victoria Inc., PO Box 101, Darling VIC 3145
We meet at the Kevin Heinz Garden Centre, 39 Wetherby Rd, Doncaster, at 8 pm on the 3rd Wednesday of most months. The discussion group meets most months to talk bromeliads in an informal setting. The meeting is not of a technical nature. However arrangements are changed at the last minute, so if you are not on the discussion group mail out, please call Chris (9568 8856) or Len (9569 7936) to check that arrangements are still current if you plan to attend.
All members are very welcome - don’t be put off thinking it will be technical.
For up-to-date postings please refer to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/198663673628029/
|BSV Annual Show Highlights
Click HERE for Spring Show, 2007.
Click HERE for 2010.
Click HERE for 2011.
Click HERE for 2013.
Click HERE for 2014.
Click HERE for 2015.
Click HERE for 2016.
Click 33-02 for April-May 2016
Click 33-03 for June-July 2016
Click 33-04 for Aug-Sept 2016
Click 33-05 for Oct-Nov 2016
Click 33-06 for Dec'16-Jan 2017
Click 34-01 for Feb-Mar 2017